Friday, May 25, 2012

An evolving business!

Our new logo!


Yesterday I was joking with Chris, one of the Painting with Fire Team Members, that I used to hate spend money on plastic bags for jewelry and little bits.  Today we're surrounded by plastic bags! LOL!

Here are a few photos of the new space for Painting with Fire Studio, 2428 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33712 (727) 489-6409.   Tomorrow we officially open our doors during the Grand Central District's Spring Fling, which will give me plenty of photo opportunities.  It's a flurry of activity at the shop.  The day started with me expressing my gratitude to the talented people I'm surrounded by and the moment ended with a group hug!  Young talent!

Yesterday I sold some jewelry!!!   That felt so good!  Two beautiful women, Kim Linder and Susan Herron, came strolling into the shop. They are the hosts of The Caregiver Hour radio show.  If you're in the Tampa Bay area, you can find it at 1250 AM WHNZ on your radio dial.  Kim picked up a couple of pieces and I'll be working on a necklace and bracelet for Susan.  Their visit was such a treat for me!


Here are a few photos ...


The original building





How it looks today!
Marilyn on the window of the studio space
The "goody" table that greets you when you walk in!


Toni Maddox, our Art Director and Community Outreach person, organizing the slat wall.


How can you go wrong when your day starts with a little paper mache!  Toni's dream for the front window ... 





... "balloon beads" for the colossal necklace that will hang in the window! 

I wish you all were here with me!  I want so much to share the excitement in person with you!  You know, St. Petersburg is a wonderful vacation destination ... and could offer the potential for a learning vacation!  I'll be back next week with more photos!




21 comments :

  1. Love everything! And what a brilliant idea for the paper mache necklace. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous store front you have! It certainly is eye-catching. I love all the bright cheery colors inside too. I would expect that anyone who enters your store will leave happy. How could they not with such a wonderful staff and a great atmosphere!?!

    I'm over the moon with the paper mache necklace idea!!!! I might have to steal that idea for a prop for my booth--on a smaller scale.

    Congratulations on all your accomplishments. It's been a joy watching it all unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your studio Barbara :) its truly what any enamelist would wish for, Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, MAN! WOMAN! It looks fabulous! Can't wait to hear how the opening goes. Wish I could be there! But I'll be there - soon! Can't wait! YaHoo! Congrats to you and all. . .Try to get some rest then LOOK OUT! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, what a fantastic journey it has been for you!! Your dedication to your dream has been an inspiration for me and many others. You rock! The store looks fabulous and the Marilyn display is pure genius and really fun! And that papier mache-- wow! Please post more-- I love to see how everything evolves. Great good luck on the opening this weekend-- fingers crossed that you will make the splash that you deserve. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara - I Wih I was there! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright and cheery place you have created Miss Barbara! I love seeing how this has evolved for you!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goody table is gorgeous! Wish I lived closer.... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you and the PWF crew! Your space looks wonderful. I love the balloon beads idea, can't wait to see the photos. Have fun during the Fling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The displays look like such fun. How far you've come in getting the space ready since I last saw it in March. I can't wait to see the space all done up in her finery! Best of luck to you and your crew on the grand opening. May it exceed your wildest expectations.
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck with this lovely store; inviting, cheery, welcoming, great staff... you have a winner. Joan Tucker, Off Center Productions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw I wish I was closer so I can come visit your shop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to visit. I will be vacationing in Daytona Beach in July and you guys are on the "places I HAVE to visit" list. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's looking great! I can't wait to visit, I will be vacationing in Daytona Beach in July and you guys are on my places I MUST visit list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you tons of success. I loved the Marilyn photo with your beads. It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waaaaaaaaa-I want to be there!!!! Everything looks fabulous and just looking at your pictures makes me happy:O) Best of luck to you and all of the PWF crew as you open your doors to the lucky public!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks beautiful! Wish I was there! Best of luck to you all. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful store, bright colors, happy, fun, welcoming. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, it looks so great. I want to come to St. Petersburg so bad. I'll keep watching what's happening in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Information, i really appreicate your efforts taken for the same to share it with all.
    Jewelry Stores in Tampa

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.