Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Interview with Linda Larsen

I promised to introduce you to the AJE team members by asking some obvious and some quirky questions. First up is Linda Larsen who is the mega creative woman behind Objects and Elements and writes a wonderful blog FULL of free tutorials.



Please describe the kind of components and designs you create:

I don’t make the kind of components that the rest of you do, but I do have original designs on my website of bezels I’ve designed and had cast. I hand make them from sterling.


How did you get started making components?

Mainly due to customer demand


Describe a bit about your studio. Is it clean and well organized? Or chaotic?

Very Organized with lots of chaos on the benches where I’m working on things.



What is your favorite thing about your studio?

My tools


What is your favorite color? Is it also your favorite color to work with when designing?


My favorite color is red and I rarely use it in designing…interesting question, I’ll have to think on that one…


What is on your nightstand right now?

My ipod that I listen to when I go to bed.  My brain is a hamster wheel and is difficult to turn off! 



What is the last book you read? Would you recommend it?

I love “Outliers” by Malcolm Gladwell, I just finished reading it for the third time…actually make that listening to it to go to sleep so I missed some and had to re-read it. 


If you won 20 million dollars, what would you do with the money?

Remodel my fixer upper house, put some in the bank, travel and help my kids and other people with the rest. I do micro loans to women in third world countries through Kiva and would love to be able to give lots more! 

What is something you have never done that you would love to do or learn?

Live in Europe for a year, Paris would definitely be on the list!




Where was your favorite vacation?

A Mediterranean cruise with close friends.  It was like a dream, so beautiful and so much laughter and fun!



What is one of your goals for being a team member of AJE?

Share my skills and experience and learn from other artists. 





3 comments :

  1. How nice to meet Linda. I do love her blog! I think this group is doing some beautiful things. Thank you so much for bringing AJE to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Linda's work - so nice to read more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to learn more about Linda. My first contact with her was when I had questions about using ICE Resin. She's a generous spirit and great teacher.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.