You will need: a Lovebird decoration kit, beads to complete the kit, a short length of ribbon, round nosed pliers, wire cutters, nail file, hammer, bench block and a small mandrel - a pen barrel is ideal.
- Use 0.6mm wire to create a rustic wrapped loop through the bottom hole in the larger lovebird by leaving a longer than usual tail when forming the loop and wrapping it back over itself. Thread a bead onto the wire and form a rustic wrapped loop below.
- Repeat the step above to add another bead below the first, this time attaching the smaller lovebird below the second bead.
- Repeat to link the smaller lovebird and the heart charm with a third bead.
- Form a wrapped loop at one end of the 0.8mm wire and the rest of the wire into a U shape around a small mandrel. Use the nail file to smooth the end of the wire.
- Hammer the bend in the hook to strengthen it.
- Thread a short length of ribbon through both the loop in the hook and the jump ring in the top lovebird, double the ribbon over and secure with a knot. Alternatively, attach the hook straight to the jump ring.
- Hang from your Christmas tree!
Most of my Christmas decorations are handcrafted, either by me or by other artists - and I also have a growing collection of decorations made by my young sons! If you are looking to add more handcrafted goodies to your tree have a look here for more inspiration!
Top left to bottom right:
Bronze snowflake charm by Lesley Watt
Sleepy Rudolph bead by Rebekah Payne
Shimmer beads by Sue Kennedy
Snowflake ornament by Karen Totten
Don't forget to visit our first post this morning - Holiday Open House - to see the discounts we are offering on these decorations and other items in our shops!