Good morning, and Happy Saturday, all you faithful Art Jewelry Elements readers! I hope you are having a fabulous summer day in your respective time zones! It is hard to believe that we are only a few days from August! In only a few short weeks, many of us will be sending the kids back out the door to start a new school year...yikes! I am about to have a 12 year old in the 7th grade, and it is blowing my mind, just how quickly he got there.
Since I am relatively new to creating jewelry components, I was excited to be able to sign up and offer a Component of the Month. It took a while to figure out what exactly to offer, but finally decided on some of my Molten Morsels! These mixed metal pieces are inspired by workshops I have taken with Stephanie Lee, Deryn Mentock, and Richard Salley...they incorporate copper sheet, in this case, layered with molten soft solder and embellished with brass elements. I was drawn to this style and use of soft solder from the very first try. I love the vintage, or even ancient feel to them. I can't wait to see what the team here at AJE will create with them.
Sorry for the yucky photos...these suckers are hard to get just right, and the brass reflects off the silver metal. These have a light antiqued patina on them, but there so many other possibilities...I personally am going to be trying some Vintaj patinas I have stashed away!
Would you like to be a part of the August design team? It is easy!
Here's how the giveaway, challenge, and blog-hop will work (please read all the information carefully!)...
- I will give away 1 component to each of 3 winners selected randomly from those who leave comments below this post by midnight, Wednesday eastern time. I'll choose the morsel and add connector holes, so you'll be surprised!
- Please include your EMAIL address in your comment so that I can contact you ASAP should you win.
- Please (PLEASE) only leave a comment if you can commit to creating a finished piece and blogging about it on the reveal date.
- The names of the 3 winners will be announced on Thursday, August 1, 2013.
- The blog reveal will be on Saturday morning, August 31, 2013.
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.