|My finished pin bouquet!|
|Raw clay with headpins, and little balls waiting to be smushed.|
|Translucent liquid clay around the base of the headpin.|
|I pushed the clay base up to the pin, then cleaned off the excess liquid clay.|
|I also added it to the back of the piece, trying to work it down in the crevice!|
After baking, I sealed them with Varathane in a matte finish. Success!
In a light bulb moment, I thought this design would be cool with translucent clay, and had recently acquired a few packages of Pardo Translucent clay. After I first started playing with polymer clay, I purchased a great tutorial by Ginger Davis Allman, of The Blue Bottle Tree, featuring faux glass effects and wanted to give it a try.
|After tinting the base clay with various alchohol inks, I made my bases as before.|
|After adding liquid polymer and Pearl-Ex, plus some additional texture.|
|These turned out just ok...not very translucent though.|
|These, however, turned to molten blobs!|
Well, as you can see, I need to go back and figure out my baking time/temperature for these! My hubby really liked these burned ones, though! I definitely will be adding some of the original ones to my shop and will be playing with the translucent ones some more...stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by!