I am excited to share these new pieces with you, our readers and my team mates here at AJE. This month I wanted to break out of the "clay cave" as I call it - and offer something different! I am busy glazing and firing pieces for the last Bead Fest Spring event - and taking a day to work in polymer feels like a welcome break.
So - without further ado... my polymer amulet beads.
|Fresh from the oven, painted and ready|
I love a wearable piece that has a message, or a meaning. And these take that to a new level. The core of the amulet is a piece of aluminum tubing and the beads are open at the top. I imagine them with a miniature scroll of paper, an image, a message...
|Amulet bead in hand - shown for scale.|
- These focal beads are approximately 1.5" long.
- Some have corks, others do not.
- They are drilled through - so they can be strung easily or have wire wrapped loops added on...
- I will give away 2 amulet tube beads (chosen at random) to 2 winners selected randomly from those who leave a comment below this post. Your comment MUST include your EMAIL AND BLOG address so we can contact you should you win.
- Please — only leave a comment if you can commit to creating a finished piece and blogging about it on the reveal date.
- The names of the 2 winners will be announced on Saturday - April 2, 2016.
- This giveaway is open to US and international countries, but please be aware that these will be posted from the US and international addresses will have longer postage times… sometimes up to 3 weeks.
- The blog reveal will take place on Saturday - April 30, 2016.
I look forward to hearing your comments and seeing you at the end of the month!